Super Greens: How Do I Use a Greens Powder?
A greens powder is an excellent addition to anyone’s diet if they are trying to get more greens in. Just one scoop of our super greens powder provides the equivalent of 2 servings of green vegetables and grasses.
The product sounds great in theory, but how can people include this powdery green-goodness into their daily lives?
What is a greens powder?
Before we dig into how to use greens powders, it is wise to run through what greens powder actually is. We all know that eating more green vegetables and grasses is good for us for many reasons.
From loading us up with antioxidants to providing us with cancer-fighting compounds, greens should find their way into most diets to reap their benefits.
Greens powders are made of foods like green vegetables (think broccoli, kale, spinach), spirulina, and grasses. The ingredients are made into powder form and are often combined with other components like prebiotics, probiotics, and possibly adaptogens like ashwagandha.
Some brands will use fillers or artificial additions, so it is important to be mindful of ingredients. Greens powders are essentially a powder form of green vegetables, grasses, spirulina, and other beneficial ingredients broken down into powder form.
Common ways people use greens powders
The two most common ways people use greens powder is to add it to smoothies or just to plain old water. Adding 1 well-rounded scoop of Naked Greens to 8 ounces of water is a nutritious way to start the day with a greens boost.
Including a greens powder scoop into a smoothie makes making green smoothies too simple to not whip up on the regular.
Including greens powders beyond your smoothie
While smoothies are a great way to drink up your greens, there are many other interesting ways to sneak in a scoop of the yummy powder. Below are some ideas for you to try:
- Use greens powder in your baking recipes. While green muffins may look a little funny to you at first, you will happily overlook the color knowing that your baked good is chock-full of goodness like wheatgrass and spirulina.
- Add a scoop to your pancake batter to help start your day with a nourishing flapjack that your whole family will love.
- Make your own “green eggs and ham” by mixing greens powder into your scrambled eggs. Your kids will get a kick out of it!
- Make a creamy salad dressing using greens powder to add even more veggies to your salad dish.
- Add some greens powder to your overnight oats for an on-the-go breakfast that is bursting with nutrition.
Think beyond the smoothie when incorporating greens powders into your diet. Getting creative in the kitchen with greens powders can result in your taking in more greens that can ultimately support your health in a profound way.
Choosing a clean brand like Naked Greens to bring into your lifestyle is a low-effort way to boost the nutrition in your busy lifestyle.