There are an amazing number of things that you can do with your protein powders, apart from the standard shakes.
In fact, things get even more interesting with vegan options which tend to handle cooking better and bring their own unique flavors to the mix.
So, to help you with your experimentation, here are three of the best tasting vegan protein powder recipes we could dig up.
Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake
- 2 frozen bananas, diced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 scoop Naked Rice protein powder
- 10 mint leaves OR 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoons Cacao nibs (or vegan chocolate chips)
Combine all ingredients except the chocolate in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
Add the chocolate and blend until it is diced but not totally mixed in.
Granola Protein Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats or rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or prepared powdered peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 scoop brown rice protein powder
- handful mini-chocolate chips (vegan if you prefer)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Line a baking dish with parchment or wax paper and pour the mixture on top.
Spread the mixture evenly and place the dish in the freezer. Allow the bars to freeze until hard, then cut into squares.
Sweet and Savory Ginger Smoothie
- Ice (as needed)
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 scoop pea protein powder
Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until thoroughly combined. Use ice to achieve your desired consistency.
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter (or prepared powdered peanut butter)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 scoops brown rice protein powder
- 4 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl stir together applesauce, honey, peanut butter, water, vanilla, egg, protein powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour until combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Using a spoon, drop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Protein Truffles Recipe
- 1 scoop Naked Pea protein powder
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- 3tbsp milk (almond milk, or coconut milk, or rice milk)
- 1tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 1tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Thoroughly mix the ingredients and form the resulting dough into balls.
Blackberry Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries
- 1 scoop organic rice protein powder
- 1 Tbsp orange juice (to enhance flavor)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- Ice (as needed)